There is a vacancy in the Installation & Engineering department for a Project engineer
Rotterdam, 40 hours a week.
What do we expect from you?
As soon as your Sales colleagues have sold one of our systems to a customer, you contact the customer and make sure that the system is adjusted for use on the ship. With the drawing package, you clarify where and how the equipment should be placed, as every system and ship is different. You take the specific laws and regulations, which can differ per country, into account. During the entire process of drawing, execution and installation, you are in constant contact with the customer, colleagues from the internal workshop and external parties. You oversee the work and monitor the process and planning. You work accurately, and you never lose sight of quality. The icing on the cake is the moment that you can see the end result on board the ship, that is something to be proud of! Besides you, the Project Engineering department consists of 12 other colleagues: 4 Project Managers, 3 Project Engineers, 3 Project Support Engineers, a Project Database Engineer and an Electrical Design Engineer.
Your specific activities are:
- creating drawing packages;
- overseeing and monitoring the activities and planning;
- consultations with customers and other stakeholders.
As a Project Engineer you have a hectic job, and you have to deal with many different parties. Every day is different and that is what makes the job attractive, but you also have to be able to handle it. You are working on several projects that same time with can be running for up to two years. This means that often different issues require attention at the same time. It is therefore important that you are stress resistant and flexible. You are customer-oriented and confident. It is essential that you have a background in electrical engineering.
What should you bring to the table?
- A completed MBO or HBO education in electrical engineering;
- at least 5 years of experience in a similar position;
- Knowledge of Autocad and See Electrical;
- knowledge of general ship installations and laws and regulations is a plus (but you can also gain this in practice with us);
- excellent communication skills in English (and preferably Dutch);
- driving license category. You visit the customer or ship from time to time.
We are always willing to help each other and there is a very pleasant working atmosphere. Together, we work hard to serve our customers in the best possible way and for the success of our business. Depending on your ambitions, there are opportunities to develop further in your role and the organization.
This is what we offer you.
- Working conditions that match your responsibilities;
- at least 25 vacation days;
- travel allowance;
- attractive pension arrangement;
- training and development possibilities;
- nice lunch.
Do you want to join Alphatron Marine?
If you would like to join us and meet the (most) requirements, then please apply for this position through the application button. If you have any questions about the job or about the application process, please contact the Human Resources department, tel. 010-4534000.
We prefer to fill our vacancies ourselves. Acquisition is not appreciated.Back to overviewApply now
Thank you for your message. We will get to work for you as soon as possible.