Marine Service Engineer
Are you a detailed orientated, driven and excellent problem solver individual with technical background, who wants to work in a dynamic, growing international organization in the maritime sector? Get on board at Alphatron Marine USA location!
Alphatron Marine USA is a major player in maritime navigation and communication, instrumentation and automation. With our head office in Rotterdam and several foreign offices in Japan, Europe, USA, Korea and Singapore we always endeavor to be close to our customers. From the Service Department at our Center of Excellence in Houston, we coordinate and repair navigation and communication equipment across the USA.
The primary responsibility of a Marine Service Engineer is to install, service, and repair electronic equipment on board of ships. Test, adjust, and troubleshoot components, PCBs, sub-assemblies, and antennas. Utilize their knowledge of electronic theory and circuitry to address a variety of technical problems. They will make intelligent use of complex schematics, blueprints, and manuals to accurately achieve results. Upon completing of their tasks, the technician will compose a detailed service report.
Types of equipment serviced:
- HF and VHF Radios;
- Strong knowledge of electronics theory and application;
- Valid FCC General License with Radar Endorsement and GMDSS Radio Operator Maintainer;
- Be physically fit. Work environment often involves carrying 20–50 lbs. climbing ladders and masts, and exposure to weather.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- JRC product knowledge preferred
- Excellent problem-solving skills, even when under pressure
- Time flexibility and self-reliance, along with the ability to work independently, safely and communicate effectively are must
- Marine engineering experience and shipboard knowledge, good mechanical ability, mathematical and computer aptitude. Organization and time management skills
- Must be self-motivated, goal and customer oriented
- Ability to multitask and adapt to a changing environment
Education and experience
Required: Associate Degree or 3 plus years of experience as a Marine Technician or Marine Electronic Technician experience acquired in the Navy, Coast Guard or Marines or Commercial shipping industry
Job type: Full-time
Job location: League City, TX
Alphatron Marine USA offers best-in-class benefits, including:
- Competitive pay
- Company vehicle
- Optimal health, vision and dental care insurance programs with no premiums for employee
- Vacation and sick leave
- Personal development opportunities (training, mentorship, etc.)
- 401K with up an Employer Match
Alphatron Marine USA., Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.A. and pass a thorough background check.返回到概要现在申请