Inside Sales Representative - Spares
Alphatron Marine is an importer, supplier, installer and service provider of high-quality navigation and communication equipment on board of ships. As a customer-oriented sales employee, you ensure that all requests for quotations, requests for information etc. from your customers are followed up as quickly as possible. You are the link between our customers, the sales team, our purchasing department and your technical colleagues. A dynamic job at our international headquarters in Rotterdam with plenty opportunities for further development.
Inside Sales Representative – Spares
Rotterdam, 20–24 hours a week
Your workday usually starts with checking the general mailbox of the department, which is constantly filling up with requests for quotes, requests for information and various other questions from the customer. You look at which questions you can tackle yourself and where you need help from colleagues. For example, you discuss the technical questions with your technical colleagues. You make quotes, advise customers, process orders and follow them up. In this role you form a sales team together with the Account representatives and Sales Manager. Customer satisfaction is your top priority! In addition, you manage the system in which the sales process is tracked, so that it is clear (among other things) when an order will be delivered and when it can be invoiced. You report to the Sales Spares & Trade manager.
Specifically, your activities are:
- following up on customer requests (usually via e-mail, but sometimes also by telephone);
- drawing up quotations and processing and monitoring orders in our ERP system;
- supporting colleagues in their work;
- acting as a back-up for the Inside Sales Representatives from the other teams, so that you also occasionally work for other customers.
As an Inside Sales Representative, you are someone who knows how to get things done. You like to think along with customers and bring in your ideas when necessary. You are assertive, think solution-oriented and keep a cool head in stressful moments. For example, it could happen that a customer urgently needs a certain product from brand X, while this brand just happens to be out of stock. Will it still be possible to get this product quickly somewhere else, or can we temporarily deliver a second-hand product and replace it later? You then try to make the almost impossible possible and come up with a solution that makes our customer happy, but which also does not forget about the company's interests. We also ask of you:
- a MBO working and thinking level, preferably a commercial education;
- some experience in technology is desirable, but affinity with technology is a requirement;
- experience working with MS Office and ERP systems, experience with Navision is a bonus;
- an inquisitive attitude and the willingness to follow internal courses;
- excellent communication skills in both the Dutch and English language.
We offer: Sales job with plenty of opportunities located near the “Nieuwe Maas”?
- A salary that fits your responsibilities;
- A fun and dynamic organization with short lines;
- At least 25 vacation days (with full-time employment); • Extra vacation days if you don’t call in sick/stay healthy and the possibility to buy more;
- Good pension scheme, which means that you have considerably more net salary;
- Travel allowance (our office is easily accessible by public transport, but there is also sufficient parking space);
- Access to online training courses related to your own development;
- Daily lunch;Regular fun outings.
Do you meet all the requirements? Are you looking for a versatile, supportive job in which taking initiative is appreciated? Do you have any questions? Please contact the Human Resources department on telephone number 010-4534000. Send your application and resume via the button below.
Introducing: we are Alphatron Marine
Developments in the maritime world are going fast. Very fast. But luckily so are we. We are here to help businesses with innovative solutions that better align with today's technology and capabilities. We create solutions that the market demands and that ships need. We are Alphatron Marine. A renowned integrated bridge solution provider, representative of the industry's leading brands and producer of unique complementary products to the Japan Radio Company Ltd (JRC) portfolio. Alphatron Marine is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly believe that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make hiring decisions based on your experience and skills. We appreciate your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
We like to recruit ourselves and do not work with recruitment and selection agencies.Back to overviewApply now
Thank you for your message. We will get to work for you as soon as possible.