Discover our spectacular offer and choose for our McMurdo UHF handheld firefighter radio package. The complete UHF hardware package to comply with the latest regulations for fire fighting operations. The offer is only available via Alphatron Marine Netherlands.
November 2012, the IMO’s (International Maritime Organization’s) Maritime Safety Committee set out a number of measures designed to improve fire safety at sea, including the mandatory provision of specific types of handheld two-way radios for firefighting operations. This mandate means ships must carry firefighting radios that are explosion-proof or intrinsically safe.
Vessels constructed on or after 1 July 2014 must already carry these radios, but for ships constructed before 2014, compliance becomes mandatory on 1 July 2018.
The reliable rugged McMurdo SmartFind R8F UHF firefighter radio, made specifically for firefighting communications, is an intrinsically safe two-way radio that meets the new regulations.
Smartfind R8F UHF firefighter radio package
- IEC60945 approved maritime radio
- Heavy duty rugged IP67 portable radio
- Large display for radio and channel identification
- UHF frequency for optimal indoor coverage
- Large tactile buttons for easy and fast operation
- CTCSS for use with repeater system
- ATEX Class II 2 G Ex ib IIC T4
- Complete package solution for SOLAS Chapter II-2
- Red color for easy identification
- Audio feedback of channel selection
- New powerful built-in loud speaker
- Enhanced grip, wheel knob, keypad wear resistance
- Enhanced hardware
- Battery connector
- Belt clip land
- Push-To-Talk side key
Please contact us for more information about accessories and enquiries at firstname.lastname@example.org Usefull links: SOLAS Chapter II-2, Regulation 10.10.4 Fire Fighter Communication