As of 1 July 2014 the new IMO performance standard for the Voyage Data Recorder (VDR) takes effect. Shipowners are well prepared for this with the fourth generation VDR of JRC (Japan Radio Company), the JCY-1900, which is available in the spring. This reliable VDR complies with all the requirements and also offers a range of user-support functions such as real-time information, remote maintenance support of navigation and communication equipment as well as simple data retrieval via a handy USB port found on the display.
- A recording medium in both the fixed and float-free capsule (until 1 July either one is adequate).
- The recording of data for at least 48 hours in both capsules (until 1 July this is a minimum of 12 hours) and storage in the VDR for 30 days/720 hours.
- The recording of extra data: of both X and S band radars, ECDIS, AIS and – if installed – the inclinometer.
- Higher quality audio recordings.
- VDR alerts with detailed information
- the last captured image data of radar and ECDIS
- audio recordings from the microphone
- a simplified real-time monitor application
- information on aspects like the lifetime of the capsule batteries and the fan in the recording control unit, software versions of the installed equipment and connected sensors
- performance test results
SHARE THE LOVEBack to overview
New appointments at JRC Europe and Alphatron Marine
23 July 2020 - Starting 1st September 2020 Mr. Jelmer Domela Nieuwenhuis has been appointed in the position of Division Manager of the European division of JRC Europe. Based upon his extensive knowhow in the marine electronics field and his working experience with larger entities like SAM, Wärtsilä and L3, Jelmer is a valuable contribution to the management team of the Alphatron Marine group. Within the group JRC is a strong manufacturer of a wide range of navigation & communication equipment distributed by various dedicated own affiliates and distributors worldwide.Read more
Explosion-proof smart phones
1 December 2014 - ECOM has created mobile phones, smart phones and tablets specially for gas and oil tankers as well as for on-shore storage and transhipment companies. This ultra-safe and indestructible mobile equipment means you can call, internet and process data on board risk-free. Alphatron Marine has these products in house.Read more