Since 1944 Phoenix has been manufacturing durable lamps that keep performing in the most extreme conditions and is a reliable supplier in the American market for offshore support vessels, platform supply vessels and anchor handling tugs. In the European maritime market Alphatron Marine is the primary distributor of Phoenix LED lamps. The first LED floodlights for a survey vessel in the Netherlands have already been sold.
The energy-efficient Phoenix LED floodlights have been professionally designed; part stainless steel, completely watertight and — important for all vessels in general and for tugs in particular — vibration resilient. Apart from the normal LED floodlight, there is a special version for illuminating surroundings that are susceptible to explosion, such as a gas tanker. The new LED floodlights can be installed without having to modify the control system of the lights, which makes them suitable not just for new vessels but also for retrofits.
Large LED floodlight
The different types of floodlights, which can be supplied in different optical variants and voltages, have considerable capacity:
Smaller LED lights
- The 150W version has an illumination capacity of 13,750 lumen and can replace an HID fitting up to 400W.
- The 300W has an illumination capacity of 27,500 lumen and can replace an HID fitting up to 1000W.
- The 450W has an illumination capacity of 41,250 lumen and can replace an HID fitting up to 1500W.
In addition to the large floodlights, lower capacity lights can be supplied:
Demo and lighting plan?
- The Cube lamp (13W LED Area Light): this is a 13W fitting that delivers more than 1000 lumen to illuminate corridors, gangways, cabins and other small areas.
- The ARIES Series (16W LED floodlight): this 16W floodlight has been designed to replace 250W quartz halogen fittings, for instance to illuminate a logo on a chimney.
If you want to see with your own eyes whether a lighting plan on the basis of Phoenix LED lighting is the right durable//sustainable choice for you on board, we can come to you to demonstrate the LED lights or you can check them out for yourself in the showroom at our headquarters in Rotterdam, NL. Depending on a lighting plan, as a ship owner you will be able to see for yourself the illumination you can get on board.