Technical Support Engineer
Alphatron Marine is an important player in Maritime Navigation & Communication, Instrumentation and Automation. With our head offices in Rotterdam and several branches abroad we always endeavor to be close to our customers. From our head office we have a Global Customer Support Centre from where we provide technical support to customers, distributors as well as colleagues.
Since beginning of 2017 the Global Customer Support Center is installed and many customers from our offices in The Netherlands, USA, Singapore, Spain and Tokyo are supported successfully already. To strengthen the team and due to an internal move from one of our team members, we are looking for a
Technical Support Engineer
Customer oriented and motivated technician, who is solution oriented and is good at sharing his technical knowledge with others.
What do we expect from you?
As Technical Support Engineer you are the first port of call for our customers who have technical queries. As part of a young and enthusiastic support team, you will register all these questions into our ticket system and make sure suitable action is taken.
When possible, you solve the problem yourself over the phone or remotely, if necessary with the help of our brand new AlphaEye. When problems are more complex, you forward these to one of your fellow engineers (Tier 3 – Tier 4).During this process you make sure you monitor the progress of finding a solution for the problems and communicate with the customer about the developments. You are responsible for the administrative process of the tickets and keep track of the time spent on a specific technical issue. After closing a ticket, you will add the information on the solution to the problem to the technical database for future reference. This way you are helping the growth and efficiency of the department. Every day will be different and you like being proactive and service oriented.
What do we ask from you?
- You finished an education in electro technology at MBO4 level or higher
- You have knowledge of the maritime sector and in technology, which you have gathered through working for Alphatron Marine for several years and are familiar with their equipment
- You have good communication skills and are customer oriented. You show initiative and are motivated
- You have good knowledge of Dutch and English, both verbally and in writing
- You have administrative skills
What do we offer you?
- A versatile and internationally oriented position in a young team
- Young and enterprising atmosphere
- Possibilities to develop within the company
- An inspiring work environment in a flat organisation
- Working conditions suitable to your responsibility
Are you looking for a dynamic and independent job, in which you are free to show initiative to help professionalise the company and do you match the requirement? Apply now through the “Apply Now” button below and send us a covering letter and your CV.
Zurück zur Übersicht