Project Support Engineer
Alphatron Marine is an important player in Maritime Navigation & Communication, Instrumentation and Automation. With our head office in Rotterdam and several smaller branches in Europe, the USA, Mexico and Singapore we always endeavour to be close to our customers. At our head office in Rotterdam we plan all national and international projects. Due to the growth of our organisation, we are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated
Project Support Engineer
Proactive hands on jack-of-all trades who look at planning projects and improving the efficiency of the work flow as a challenge
What do we expect from you?
As Project Support Engineer you are responsible for planning and coordinating our projects. Projects include replacing the bridge of a ship, but also the delivery and installation of radar equipment on a newbuild vessel. You are the first point of contact for several departments within the organisation, suppliers and customers. As project planner you will plan the entire logistic side of a project: from the moment the sales department has approved the projects up until the delivery of the equipment to the yard or workshop where the project is carried out.
Based on the calculation done by the sales department, you will enter all equipment into the system so they can be ordered by the purchase department. You guard the budget and schedule for the delivery of the ordered equipment. You then prepare the logistics of the shipment to the location where the project is executed. As projects can be commissioned over a period of time, sometimes you will have to coordinate several shipments. You coordinate these shipments to the yard together with the logistics department.
In this job you closely work together with the project team which consists of a sales person, a project engineer and a purchaser. You also take care of the administration for the projects such as the project file and the invoices.
What do we ask from you?
- You have finished an education at HBO level
- You have relevant working experience as a project or logistic planner
- Technical knowledge and take interest in the maritime sector
- Administrative skills
- Being able to think systematically, but also being able to handle things and take decisions on the spot
- You have good knowledge of Dutch and English, both verbally and in writing. German is an advantage
- You find improving administrative processes challenging and are able to support the organisation by coming up with solutions
What characterises you?
- You are a jack-of-all trades that can focus on several tasks at a time
- You are proactive towards customers
- You like being a spider in the web
- Good social and communication skills
- Accurate, vigorous and flexible
What do we offer you?
- An independent and versatile position in an ambitious team of people
- A young and enterprising atmosphere
- Possibilities to develop within the company
- An inspiring work environment in a flat organisation
- An office overlooking the New Maas river
- Working conditions suitable to your responsibilities
Are you looking for a dynamic and independent job, in which you are free to show initiative to help professionalise the company and do you match the requirement? Apply now through the “Apply Now” button below and send us a covering letter and your CV.
Zurück zur Übersicht Jetzt bewerben