Aftersales Engineer - Maritime
Travel-loving, problem-solving and customer-oriented engineer.
What does your day look like?
You are the link between customer and Alphatron Marine and provide the human touch. After a new-build vessel has been delivered, you go on board and check whether our customer is satisfied. If there are technical problems, you can solve them. You explain to the customer how to deal with our delivered systems and how to maintain them. You also answer technical and / or user questions that come in via the helpdesk. You are able to listen carefully to the customer who shares his experiences with you. This allows you to optimize our services. You report to the warranty department and work closely with other departments such as Service, Project Engineering, Training, Logistics and the R&D team. You also often have contact with our foreign offices, dealers and customers located all over the world. The team consists of a manager and team leader, a senior after sales engineer, 3 technical support engineers, a warranty controller and a customer support engineer.
What else are you going to do?
- You sail on during sea trials and regularly train the crew
- Repairing navigation and communication systems (warranty cases, dealing with the remaining items) at the shipyard or home port, worldwide
- You are the point of contact on board for escalations
- You conduct quality surveys
- You provide training to customers and colleagues
- You support the technical helpdesk
- You handle technical warranty claims
- You supervise Junior engineers
During your induction period, you first work together with an experienced colleague and go to ships. Once you are settled in, you will go out independently. You like to travel. Sometimes you work nearby, but you also travel all over the world. One time you will be away from home for 3 days and the other time 3 weeks. If you are not traveling, you will work from our office in Rotterdam. Over time you learn more and more and the jobs you tackle become more complex.
You usually work on large ships or yachts.
What characterizes you?
Perhaps obvious, but knowledge of shipping comes in handy here! Just like your attention to quality, pro-activity and thinking in terms of solutions. Here's what we think you can use to make this feature a success:
- A completed MBO or HBO education in the direction of electrical engineering or automation
- VCA diploma (or willing to obtain this)
- Customer oriented
- Clear communication in Dutch and English on different levels
- Independence, because you must also be able to survive abroad
- Knowledge of MsOffice and ERP systems
- Flexible and willing to travel and work outside office hours
- Stress resistant
- Being able to read drawings
- Terms of employment that match your responsibilities
- You will gain product knowledge with us, including its applications if you are not yet familiar with them (integrated bridge systems, ECDIS, Dynamic Positioning, etc.)
- An independent position in which you can develop further
- A company car that you can also use privately
- Minimum 25 vacation days
- Extra leave days if you do not get sick
- Overtime compensation and the possibility to compensate for time
Are you that service-oriented after sales engineer we are looking for and do you meet the above profile? Then apply via the application button.
Let us introduce ourselves: we are Alphatron Marine
Developments in the maritime world are fast. Very quick. Fortunately, so do we. We are here to help companies with innovative solutions that better align with today's technology and capabilities. We create solutions that the market demands and that ships need. We are Alphatron Marine. A renowned supplier of integrated bridge solutions, representative of the most important brands in the industry and producer of unique complementary products. This completely redefines the future of ocean, offshore and river navigation.
Alphatron Marine is an equal opportunities employer. We strongly believe that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We appreciate your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
We like to recruit ourselves and that is why we do not appreciate acquisition.
Thank you for your message. We will get to work for you as soon as possible.